An online self-evaluation tool to support primary school leaders in preparing for Ofsted inspection visits and shape their school improvement plan.
Using SEFonline to self-evaluate your school and shape your improvement plan
Completing the self-evaluation form (SEF) doesn’t have to be a laborious task. Educater’s self-evaluation tool SEFonline makes the process of evaluating your school both efficient and valuable – meaning your SEF doesn’t end up in a folder having no impact on your school improvement plan.
SEFonline has been designed by a combination of school leaders and inspectors to ensure that the online SEF is a robust Ofsted evaluation form which provides an accurate indication of where your school is as well as identifying the areas for school improvement.
SEFonline takes school leaders through a primary school self-evaluation process based around key performance indicators, which interpret the Ofsted grade descriptors for good and outstanding in order to provide an indicative grade. SEFonline’s primary school self-evaluation form has been trialled successfully in a number of recent inspections and Ofsted inspectors have agreed with the grades SEFonline has generated.
Key Features of SEFonline’s self-evaluation form
- An online SEF system, which is efficient and user-friendly.
- Integrates with STATonline and pre-populates assessment information.
- A highly intuitive, automated process, which guides leaders through the self-evaluation process.
- Multiple senior leaders can access SEFonline simultaneously.
- School data is presented clearly and accurately against national averages to illustrate the school’s performance.
- Measurable key performance indicators in each section.
- The online SEF form generates appendices with further evidence where required.
- Previous versions of your SEF are archived for future reference.
- Export your online SEF in PDF format at the touch of a button and send directly to the lead inspector, to SLT or to governors.
- Your primary school is always ready for the Ofsted call.